Can aluminum foil be used in air fryers?
With people's pursuit of more convenient, fast, fuel-efficient, and healthy cooking methods for diverse foods, air fryers have gradually become the new favorite of kitchen appliances. An air frying pan can be used to cook your favorite main course, bake biscuits, reheat leftovers, or even break through the use limit of "frying" and be used to boil eggs or make steamed meat with corn flour! And the cooking time is shorter than the oven.
So the same thing: "If you can put something in the oven, you can put it in an air fryer." As the best companion of the oven, aluminum foil can also be used in an air fryer to solve problems such as food moisture evaporation, oil splashing, adhesion, and difficulty in cleaning.
The "YES" for using aluminum foil in air fryers
You can use any heat-resistant plate or mold in an air fryer, whether it is made of glass, ceramic, stainless steel, silicone, copper, or cast-iron containers. However, please believe that aluminum foil is always the preferred auxiliary tool for air fryers:
- Loosely wrapping food with aluminum foil can prevent food juices from dripping from the holes in the cooking basket. When using an air fryer to grill meat, fish, or vegetables, it is a wise practice to help keep these foods moist and delicious.
- Prevent smaller food crumb from falling off. For food that easily spreads during cooking, such as salmon, you can make a small basket with aluminum foil and putting the food into the basket.
- Prevent food from sticking to the basket or tray of the air fryer. Reduce the tedious air fryer cleaning work.
- If you need to cook multiple batches of food, foil can save a lot of time. Keeping the fryer basket clean means you don't have to stop between batches to clean the air fryer.
The "BUT" for using aluminum foil in the air fryer
- Of course, aluminum foil is the first choice to maintain the flavor of food, but if you want to taste crispy fried chicken or French fries, wrapping it with aluminum foil will destroy the clicking taste.
- It is safe to use aluminum foil in the basket of the air fryer, but be careful not to cover the entire basket with foil paper. Otherwise, you will cover all the holes on the basket and disrupt the airflow.
- Aluminum foil bedding can effectively solve problems such as food adhesion and oil stains, but aluminum foil should not be placed at the bottom of the air fryer drawer. Avoid contact between the foil and heating elements or high-speed fans, which may damage the air fryer or cause a fire.
- There is no limit to the weight of cooked food in an air fryer, but if aluminum foil is used as a bedding, it is important to note that the weight of the food should not be too light to avoid aluminum foil and food flying together in the air fryer
- Food grade aluminum foil can be safely and non-toxic when used in an air fryer. However, it is important to avoid placing highly acidic foods on aluminum foil paper to prevent them from reacting with aluminum foil.
Can aluminum foil be replaced?
Of course, besides aluminum foil, there are also many good materials that can be used in air fryers:
- If you want to prevent the food juice from flowing into the air fryer, you can use small baking pans, silicone and other materials as good choices.
- If you want to cook food that is easier to stick together with wet batter, you can try using an air fryer lining made of parchment or baking paper. These specially made linings have holes that allow air to flow freely. However, like aluminum foil, please check if they can be used in your specific air fryer model.
- If you use an air fryer to bake food such as cakes, you can also choose baking paper, but be careful not to choose wax paper because the wax coating may pose a fire hazard.
How to maintain the safety of aluminum foil products in air fryers?
As a food cooking packaging, safety is definitely the preferred standard for purchasing.
When choosing to purchase aluminum foil packaging or aluminum foil meal plate products in the market, we should choose legitimate purchasing channels and strictly check whether the packaging has FDA, EFSA, LFGE, ISO 22000, REACH, ASTM, RoHS, SGS and other food packaging safety and coating non-toxic quality certifications.
Manufacturers of aluminum foil packaging, household foil, aluminum foil lunch boxes, and other products should strictly select aluminum foil suppliers to ensure the quality of aluminum foil products from the source. Choose a partner with independent production capacity, high production capacity, and stable quality as the supplier of aluminum foil
Chalco, as a leading enterprise in aluminum products, meets standards such as ASTM B209, EN573-1, EN 546, ISO 209-1, GB/T 3198, GB/T 3190, and GB/T3880.1-2006 for the quality of aluminum products. The surface is clean, without pinholes, non-toxic and odorless, and can be used as a food grade packaging raw material.